FerX-ELLA Esophageal Stent - BOUBELLA
- Unique delivery system
- Excellent radial force
- Optional anti-reflux valve
- Outstanding radiopacity
- Acid-resistant retrieval loops
FerX-ELLA Esophageal Stent BOUBELLA is intended for relieving malignant esophageal strictures, especially in the middle and lower part of the esophagus. If the stent is deployed in lower part of the esophagus close to the cardia, it can be equipped with an anti-reflux valve to prevent gastric juices reflux. Implantation of the stent over-the-wire can be performed under fluoroscopic guidance.
- Boubella is designed for relieving malignant or benign esophageal strictures if standard operation is contraindicated. It can be used for treatment of esophagorespiratory fistulas as well.
- Malign or benign strictures in the upper part of esophagus close to the cricopharyngeal muscle.
- Use of the valved stent shall be carefully considered in patients after partial gastrectomy which produced small, horizontally lying gastric remnant. Distal end of migrated stent might impact into the gastric wall and consequently close the valve.
MRI Safety Information
- The stent is made of ferromagnetic material, thus the device is considered MR unsafe.
- FerX-ELLA Esophageal Stent – Boubella is made of stainless steel wire with good radiopacity. Visibility of the stent is enhanced by radiopaque golden markers. The covering of the stent is made of PE foil.
- The segments that FerX-ELLA Esophageal Stent – Boubella is made of guarantee an excellent expansion force and sufficiently high flexibility. The Boubella stent is equipped with an anti-migration segment at the proximal end of the stent. This segment should always be located above the upper margin of the stenosis, in the healthy tissue.
- The Boubella stent is equipped with retrieval loops at both ends. The loops allow stent repositioning or removal.
- Rocket delivery system is equipped with splitable olive tip which automatically splits into two pieces and falls into the stomach. The delivery system is then removed without difficulty and the olive passes through the gastrointestinal tract without any complication.
Miscellaneous Important Facts
- Stent should be introduced by using the ultra stiff guide wire only.
- MRI examination is possible to perform first after 8 weeks post implantation when the stent is firmly incorporated in the tissue.
- A patient with implanted FerX-ELLA Esophageal Stent should eat semi-solid food and drink plenty of liquid.
- The stent shortening during the deployment is minimal. This facilitates proper stent placement.
- Individual segments are connected with the durable thread which prevents accidental stent break-up
- After releasing even a small part of the stent do not move the sheath forward. This may damage the foil between the segments. There would be a danger of cutting off the segment of the stent.
|REF No.||Stent full |
|Stent active |